Saturday, June 19, 2010

Early bday present

Here's what Stephanie bought me for my 40th birthday, which will arrive in a couple months:





















You can find more work by the same artist here. I've been following his career for a while and really wanted a particular painting of his a few years ago but decided I couldn't afford it. We later learned that it sold to the bass player for U2.

Anyway, the most recent show just closed and the artist hand-delivered the work yesterday. Nathan and our friend Jason came over while we hung it.

I really couldn't have asked for a better present. I love the idea that it's something that won't go away: it will be passed down to my children and grandchildren.

Thanks, Stephanie!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome picture. Awesome guy. Happy Father's Day to you. Love Jack and Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome wife for getting something that you really wanted!

    ReplyDelete